1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the Love for SPEEDHD!!

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by lukin4u, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukin4u

lukin4u AllStar

Apr 13, 2007
    There are alot more of us racin' fans than they must think

and we take it very serious @ times

and imo the difference between HD and SD for a race

is more significant than any other sport/show i watch

besides the NFL

2. HobbyTalk

HobbyTalk Hall Of Fame

Jul 14, 2007
    AFAIK there is no SpeedHD available anywhere.

3. Schizm

Schizm Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    As an avid F1 fan I can't wait for SpeedTV HD. The only information I've seen was with the D* announcement claiming Sept 07.

4. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    Two hands up for Formula 1 in HD on Dish here in Vegas. We're the folks that get up at 4am Sunday mornings when there's a race even though we have a 622 - nothing beats live coverage.

Yes please. And we'd even pay extra for it... but don't tell Dish the last part.

5. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
    The truck race tonight looked like it was shot in HD then down rezed to 480 4:3

6. haloguy628

haloguy628 Cool Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Yes, would be nice to have Speed HD. Maybe a petition would be helpful?

7. dishbacker

dishbacker Godfather

Jun 15, 2004
    Thats probably because the Nextel Cup series is racing at the same track this weekend and Nascar has their own HD equipment that they use at each track...

As of right now, Speed HD doesn't exist... so, you can't ask for it to be added to Dish.

8. Mikey

Mikey Hall Of Fame

Oct 26, 2004
  9. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
  10. chc59

chc59 Cool Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Here is another vote for F1 in HD. Recently visited a friend in Canada. He has TSN HD. I don't recall the satellite provider. Early on Sunday morn, we watched a F1 race in what appeared to be HD. If it was not HD, it was 16X9 SD. Either way, the picture quality was superb on his 50" Sony. I have the same model Sony. (He liked mine.) The Speed coverage picture quality doesn't even come close. The source for both Speed and TSN is the same. It is the International feed from F1. I have a vague recollection that F1 is considering HD and planned to HD broadcast some races later in the '07 season. In the meantime they would broadcast in widescreen. Considering the quality that I saw, might have been 4:2:2 widescreen, or maybe just less compression.) Either way, Speed, get with the times.
    Joe

11. Bubba3

Bubba3 Mentor

Dec 7, 2003
    Count me in for F1 in HD. On the other hand I would be very happy if E* would put up my locals (Harrisburg ,PA) so that I could see the first part of the NASCAR season in HD. Because of terrain and distance I can not receive the FOX affiliate OTA.

12. blackwhole

blackwhole Mentor

Apr 12, 2007
    Yes, I think the Canadian GP and the USGP were broadcast in 16x9 SD. That's an upgrade that I'll take until true HD is available!

Bring on Speed HD!!!!

13. nostromo777

nostromo777 Cool Member

Jul 20, 2005
    Speed can switch to HD tomorrow, but Bernie Ecclestone controls all things about F1. As of right now, shooting the races in HD is not standard practice. Hopefully bernie switches real soon.

14. Cyclone

Cyclone Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 1, 2002
    The Candian GP was in SD 4:3.

However, the USGP, French, and Great Britain GPs were all in SD Widescreen and looked great on Fox Sports.

I'm sure that Speed with have an HD channel by the end of the year. But I bet that most of its programming will be in SD. Plus Nascar season is almost over, or at least it will be if they don't launch in Sept. Aside from Nascar, I'm not sure how much of their racing would be in HD.

In short, even is Speed HD does arrive this year, I don't expect much from it until the 2008 seasons begin.

15. CoriBright

CoriBright Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 30, 2002
    We should ask Bob, Steve and Dave for a shoutout to the F1 addicts on DBSTalk!!!

16. Schizm

Schizm Legend

Jul 31, 2007
    :icon_cool that would be awesome. I have to agree though, we probably won't hear of SpeedTV HD until next year.

17. UT06

UT06 Cool Member

Jun 27, 2006
    In for F1.

18. mowingnut1

mowingnut1 Cool Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Forget SpeedHD, I want SpeedVISION back! Other than F1, there's mostly crap on Speed, it's dumbed down motorsports like the other Fox products have dumbed down their content. I rarely watch it anymore since they dropped WRC coverage.

19. grooves12

grooves12 Godfather

Oct 27, 2005
    As long as they still cover MotoGP I am, happy, and if they ever cover it in HD I will be ecstatic.

20. davethestalker

davethestalker Godfather

Sep 16, 2006
    Speed (and Dish) better hurry up and get this rolling. Especially, when Speed has locked down the "All Star Challenge" for the next 7 years. I was pretty miffed that it was not on Fox's glorious HD this last time around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.