1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Which Dish Question

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by s_cipris, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s_cipris

s_cipris Cool Member

Feb 6, 2003
    I live in New Jersey, Northern Bergen County. I currently have a Dish 500 on my roof used for my 501DVR which includes locals.

I just bought a new HD TV and I will be getting a new ViP622 DVR and was wondering about the dish to be installed on my roof. Will I get a new Dish 1000 installed with just one dish or will they keep my existing Dish 500 and add another second dish to it?

It is my understanding that this depends on where you live. Again, I am in Northern NJ, Bergen County and my locals are NYC.

Thanks

Steve

2. Will Munshower

Will Munshower AllStar

Mar 4, 2007
    Steve,

You are going to need another dish to point to 61.5. From Northern NJ, the elevation for 129 is about 14 degrees. There's no way you could pick it up. Well, unless you lived on the ocean and had nothing in your way.:)

Enjoy your HD programming...Will

3. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.