1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Which HR44 manufacturer is best?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by RoachForLife, Sep 14, 2013.

1. RoachForLife

RoachForLife New Member

Sep 14, 2013
    The 200, 500, and 700 series. Which is best? Which has issues? Or is there no real difference? Thanks

2. tpm1999

tpm1999 Legend

Sep 5, 2006
    Might take a little while before the quality differences are discovered....especially since most households will only have 1 hr44 to compare to.

3. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    can someone please post which manufactuer makes which model# that way if i get a hr 44 i at least know what company makes it thanks,I know that info was in one of these threads a while back but i cant remember where i saw it.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Search is your friend.

http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/207286-model-number-suffic/#entry3173776

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Historically, Pace has always been pretty popular around here. Don't know that they truly are better however. My HR34 was the first box I've had that wasn't a -100.

6. RoachForLife

RoachForLife New Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Thanks. Let me ask a different question. So if there are 3 versions, I assume the 'spec' (ie motherboard layout, cpu, etc) are all identical? So in theory, not counting possible issues/bugs, the performance aspect SHOULD be identical? Thx

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I don't know about differences on the 44, but there definitely have been differences on other boxes. Don't think speed was one of them, but things like ports, colorspace etc.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app