1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which satellite carries Raleigh/Durham, NC MPEG2 locals?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by htroberts, Jul 14, 2011.

1. htroberts

htroberts Cool Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I have an HDVR2 receiver that's getting signal dropouts with weather that used not to be an issue--in other words, it seems like the IRD is much more sensitive to cloud cover than it used to be.

I'm trying to decide if this is most likely to an antenna problem (like that my dish has slipped some) or something in the receiver.

None of my other receivers seem to have problems, but they are all MPEG4 (HD), though, and I think the two streams are on different satellites.

Can anyone confirm which satellites host the SD & HD locals for Raleigh/Durham?

Thanks,
    Heath

2. triple6sickness

triple6sickness New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    zip code????????????

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    From the excel spreadsheet that litzdog911 referred to. it looks like the SD locals are on 101, with a few on 119. Check your signal strengths on TPs 20 and 28 on the 101 Sat and TP31 on 119.

4. htroberts

htroberts Cool Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Thanks, litzdog and jdspencer.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    perhaps gct should be mentioned first ?

6. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    There are NO SD locals on 119 at all in the Raleigh/Durham DMA...except for 1 MPEG4 SD on Ka, all SD is on 101. Except for maybe a statewide local (PBS) channel or two, D* does NOT scatter SD locals across 101 & 119 in a single DMA...

http://home.comcast.net/~directvlocals/dtvlil-dma.html

7. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Why don't you "unhide" SD channels in your guide(s) and see if your MPEG4 (HD) receivers also experience problems when tuned to the SD versions of your local channels? This will verify if you have a receiver problem.