1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which SL5 non-swm lnb?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by iluvtv, May 28, 2012.

1. iluvtv

iluvtv Legend

Sep 29, 2005
    I recently had to replace my SL5 non-swm Eagle Aspen lnb and am now using a Zinwell. Is there a general preference with these things regarding reliability or are they all about the same? The Eagle Aspen lasted about 4 years before failing. Thanks.

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    There was one brand, I forget which one, that would quit when the temperature got down below 0, then would start working again when it warmed up. That was in the original run several years ago. Have heard of no issues since then.

I would not be concerned with the brand name, as long as its current stock.

3. iluvtv

iluvtv Legend

Sep 29, 2005
    Thanks. :)

I was just reading about some WNC lnb's that seemed to fail in cold weather. Actually i believe it is SWM WNC lnb's that can fail in cold weather.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    That problem manifested itself in the first production run. I believe they have corrected it, and all of the faulty ones (at least those that exhibited the problem) have been replaced.