1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

whne are all the direct tv hd channels commin?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by projectorguru, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. projectorguru

projectorguru Godfather

Mar 5, 2007
    just checkin cuz I'm swithin to Direct from Dishnetwork, as soon as my contract is up this Spetember

2. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Should be arriving just about the time you are switching. Keep an eye on the June satellite launch threads, they are the very next milestone.

Cheers,
    Tom

3. morbid_fun

morbid_fun Godfather

Jan 16, 2007
    No specific date has been given. I only know that D* has stated they will have up to 100 by the end of the year. Their new satellite should be going up this summer.

4. projectorguru

projectorguru Godfather

Mar 5, 2007
    alright, thanx, I aminly switchin becase my cousin who lives next door has his locals in HD, and I don't with E*, and they said not likely either, and some other issues as well, but anyway, good to hear, Im all about HD!!!!

5. Ext 721

Ext 721 Icon

Feb 26, 2007
    I forsee shortages for those who get directv HD equipment immediately after the new channels go online.
    They may not happen, D* may have enough of a reserve of HD units to cover the rush of equipment demand.
    Somehow, I think demand will be too high. Some people are E* customers because E* offers the most HD....I expect 1/4 of them to "D*fect" quickly...but have no idea as to the number that will represent. Anyone have HD penetration stats from E*? I'd say at least 5% and as many as 30% of those who HAVE E*'s HD are this type of in-it-for-the-hd customer, an equal amount will be considering switching, but will wait-and-see.

so will the supply keep up with the demand?

Or will we see3 wait-lists for hr20's again?

6. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    While there might be a migration of E* subs from D* IMHO it won't be as big as some think and not as quick. I think a lot of E* subs won't switch because they like the functionality of E*'s 622 over the HR20, unless D* adds a bunch more extra value features to it by then and it looses it's rep as the DVR that can't. You also have the subs that will look at the price difference and say they won't pay more for D*, just look at all the anger when the annual price increase comes how they hate paying an extra couple dollars per month. Then you have the E* subs that just hate D* and won't switch just because of the principle of the thing. Where you might see the big switch is the cable folks that don't really care about triple play or VOD and just want more HD programming for less cost. No matter what happens it should be an interesting 2nd half of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.