1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Who do you root for at the Olympics?

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Sharkie_Fan, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    At another forum which I frequent, which is devoted to my San Jose Sharks, this question was brought up, and so I pose it here. It's probably most applicable to hockey, but can apply to other sports as well if you happen to follow those sports outside of the Olympics.

Do you root for your favorite players (or competitors), or do you root for your country.

Obviously with hockey, we have players from all countries playing in the NHL - 8 Sharks players are in the Olympics for several different countries (USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Russia).

If your favorite player is not from your home country... do you root for them, or do you stick with your "home team".

For me, it's USA first, individuals second... I'm hoping that some of my favorites come away with the Silver Medal in the hockey tournament, unless team USA is out of it at that point, in which case I hope they mop the floor with whoever they're playing. :)