1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Else is Patching Their Servers Tonight?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Mustang Dave, May 16, 2012.

1. Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave Legend

Oct 13, 2006
    ...Performing the routine Microsoft patching we do the 3rd Wednesday night of each month at our company. The .Net patches released this month seem kind of fat they are taking a while to install. Yawn, job security.

2. Matt9876

Matt9876 Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2007
    I understand the need for .Net but it has always appeared to me as being a bloated chunk of code that kills machine performance.

Only my Win 7 64bit can run .Net without a huge hit in performance.

also have noted strange things in .net related to security that I hope they have patched in this latest release.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I'm assuming all those servers really need .Net. Its one thing I like about server 2008. Not there by default.

4. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    A lot of products will install it for you.

Grrr, When I was supporting Windows servers I spent way to many hours repairing broken .Net installations. Partial salvation was finding the .Net removal tool.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    True. I have some terminal servers that need patched during our maintenance window.

6. heathramos

heathramos Legend

Dec 19, 2005
    not using WSUS and AD to patch your servers automatically?

7. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I won't let them use that with my Terminal Servers, ever since they let a version of IE out that wasn't compatible with some addins we were still using. I patch them manually.