1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who else watched tonights Enterprise

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by invaliduser88, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Mar 3, 2004 #1 of 12
    invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The end of that episode ranks up there with the cliff hanger of TNG episode "Best of Both Worlds".

And I got to see it in HD so it looked even more impressive.

Things have definitely got back on track after two disappointing episodes earlier.

2. Mar 4, 2004 #2 of 12
    rjenkins

rjenkins Legend

Jul 18, 2002
    The worst part is that the next new episode isn't until April 21st!!! :mad:

I liked this episode a lot. I usually like it when they bring in the time-travelling aspects. It's my theory that this whole series is going end up to be one huge alternate reality 'timeline' that will self-right itself to "normal" Trek continuity when the series ends. Like the "Yesterday's Enterprise" episode from TNG, and the "Year of Hell" episodes from Voyager, but for the whole series.

3. Mar 4, 2004 #3 of 12
    TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Possible spoilers in my post...if you are worried about spoilers WHY THE HELL ARE YOUR READING THIS THREAD? :D
    Well, I will have to admit, that was an aweful fast 44 minutes of program. I enjoyed the episode, but I wont work myself up over the solution coming up. Anyway, unless there is some "alternate reality" coming up on the next episode, there is no way in hell the Enterprise is going to make it back to space dock on Earth.

So at least we now know who is behind the temporal cold war! Not that I care too much about it.

Anyway, the roots of this episode are burried deep it "real" trekdom, though the roles are reversed. It is the "bad guy" Zindi who is questioning the fruits of his labor a la the Manhattan Project scientist. A small but significant portion of the story was devoted to this. I suspect that more will be devoted in the conclusion.

I was a little disappointed in Archer's dialog with the scientists. The character seemed out of character by not having the right responses at hand and not better being able to relate the paradox that confronts them.

But all in all, it was a good episode, and now we know that there will be at least 4 more Enterprises for Riker to crash into planets or get used as target practice in tight quarters before some one takes the command chair away from him! :)

See ya
    Tony

4. Mar 4, 2004 #4 of 12
    dfergie

dfergie Hall Of Fame

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey it was Deanna at the helm :lol:

5. Mar 4, 2004 #5 of 12
    FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2002
    Speaking of spoilers, on some Trek fan sites, they examine the production notes to help generate info on future episodes. Rumor has it that Enterprise gets unexpected help in its repairs. (Those floating dudes are history, though.) I also hear that the story line will continue all the way to the final episode of the season (at least).

6. Mar 4, 2004 #6 of 12
    Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    Well one can pretty much predict:

1. Enterprise will not be destroyed. The reptilians will suddenly be forced to stop attacking.

2. Peace with the Xendi (sp?) will suddenly happen and the weapon will not be used against Earth

3. Somehow, someway Enterprise will be fixed and will be able to return to earth (perhaps the Xendi take it back to Earth or repair it).

4. The crew will all be heros for saving Earth

All of the above needs to happen for the series to continue.

7. Mar 5, 2004 #7 of 12
    Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    It was hard to keep from looking at this thread until I watched the episode. :)

Good stuff. Like Tony said, it was a fast 44 minutes. The did leave a good open end though. If the Enterprise had blown up, you know the next episode would have explained away this episode as an alternate reality. The way this one ended though, its hard to tell what will happen.

As boring as this show gets sometimes, I seem to always walk away satisfied which is why I'm still watching. I'm enjoying the character development (although I'm kind of getting sick of Archer's maverick attitude).

Looking forward to the next new episode. Should be a good one.

8. Mar 5, 2004 #8 of 12
    HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    I'm having a problem with Archer's consistency, or lack there of. In one instance he is level-headed and goes against the snap judgements of some of his crew in favor of a more diplomatic or reasoned approach to a problem. But then in another instance he flies off the handle and becomes a neanderthal, going no-holes-barred into the fray. At least with Picard, you always knew how he would react to a situation, his character was consistent and believable. Not so with Archer.

9. Mar 5, 2004 #9 of 12
    Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Okay, you've convinced me. I'm going to record Enterprise this weekend, but I'm still not setting up a season pass.

10. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    I loved the episode..... I had the same heart pounding experience that I had when I watched Yesterday's Enterprise (although I didn't get the big "Let's make sure history never forgets the name.... Enterprise" speech that happened before Picard sacrificied his ship for the sake of the past Enterprise). I didn't agree with Archer's motivation to nuke the weapon, while ignoring the diplomatic solution first, but then signing on to it after he was captured. Other than that it was as good as it gets. Seeing the Enterprise torn up was surprisingly effective.

Can't believe I have to wait six weeks to see the next new one though..........

Actually, are you with me in that you wish the next ST Series to be set in that universe Archer visited? I miss the epic fleet battles that we had on DS9.....

11. invaliduser88

invaliduser88 Welcome to Torchwood DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
  12. retiredTech

retiredTech Icon

Oct 27, 2003
    IMO "Azati Prime" Great episode!

"Enterprise"
    best "current" "series" on tv!

(just don't do ones like "North Star")