1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Who has had their big screen the longest

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by forklifter, Aug 17, 2003.

1. forklifter

forklifter AllStar

Dec 20, 2002
    Since I have had trouble right out of the box I am curious as to how the others here have got along with their Projecton TVs Such as how long they have had it Are they satasifed and how much work have they had to do

2. Mike123abc

Mike123abc Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 19, 2002
    I have had a Mitsubitsi 50" projection screen for 14 years+ (bought January of 1989). It still works fine, but the newer ones have a *much* better picture. All I have had to do with it is open the back up and work on the convergence every couple of years (back then they did not have it done automatically or with the remote). For the first 11 years I used it all the time, but now it is a secondary TV as I use an HDTV for my primary. I will probably replace it one day with a large plasma/LCD when they finally get down to a resonable price (true HDTV under $4k).