1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would win?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by n8dagr8, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    jonstad's dogs versus all the freakin cats on here? :lol:

2. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Well, my own dominant cat is one of these giants as well, weighing in at about 22 lbs.

From what I've seen, such lovable fur pillows are able to lounge around because they are sure in the knowledge that the world revolves around them. Thus they would tolerate no insubordination from any other animal, especially a dog.

Confirming this, I've seen my tabby wrap his arms around the neck of a Labrador which outweighed him by about 60 lbs and bite his ears. That poor dog wished he was elsewhere.

Likewise when we had our next dog, another lovable golden lab, the first thing the cat did was chase her around the house until she was cornered and whimpering. Once that was settled he laid back down in his favorite chair and wasn't bothered again by the impertenant puppy.

Our current dog is a pug, and weighs LESS than this cat and had the sense to keep a wide distance from day one.

3. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    No contest. The cats would win. I have a cat less then half the size of some of the behemoths shown here and twice the age of my mutts. And although he enjoys wrestling with one or both of them, all three know who's in control at any time and who decides the parameters of the match, or if there will BE any match at all.

Cats are reserved and methodical while dogs are exuberant and implusive. I guess you could say cats are Republicans and dogs are Democrats.;):grin:

4. Eagles

Eagles Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 31, 2003

Pound for pound no contest. Cats win. But my dog has has killed (as in dead) some cats, opossums, and various small creatures over the years. We live in a
    semi-secluded, wooded area where I allow the dog to basically run free. More often then not she will come home bloodied up after a cat fight. I can tell becuase her nose and tongue are all cut up and bleeding. It's funny you mention the Lab. There's one around the corner from us. On numerous occasions that dog put a hurting on my dog. I actually had to beat it it off of her a couple of times. That thing was vicious. Go figure.

5. skidog

skidog Godfather

Dec 2, 2004
    I had a Dutch Dwarf bunny years ago and one day looking out the back slider I see a cat in hot pursuit of Flower (my mother named her), and under the deck they went. I ran outside and down the stairs of the deck and around to where they went and as I round the corner here comes the cat out from under the deck in the air and into the chain link fence momentarily getting its legs caught with Flower on his @$$ until that cat exited the back yard :lol: I never did see that cat again! I also have some good stories about my rooster I had, mind you I lived in Richfield which is just south of Minneapolis.

6. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    We have a mean Kentuckey Blue cat and a female Great Dane. The dane wins every time. The dog is so big the cat hides and won't go near. We had the cat first and she thought the house was her castle and she was the Queen. Now she just hides under the bed and only comes around when the dog is sleeping. The dane's feet are as big as the cat head now. The dog is just a great big clown and just wants to play with the cat but the cat is a scaredy cat. I really don't like cats at all and I always said I'd never tolerate one in the house but my wife and kids thought differently. Shows you who wears the pants in my household. :p

I once designed a catapult to toss the cat into the neighbors pool but my old lady wouldn't let me build it. :(

We used to have a minarature long haired daschund who weighed 10 pounds. He wasn't scared of anything. Many times I saw him chase giant dogs out of the front yard.

Did I mention the dog was big?....and eats a lot.....and c**ps quite a bit too.

Robert

7. Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Sep 16, 2003
    My cat has chunks of jonstad's dog in is stool.

;)

8. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Being VERY familiar with Richfield, somehow I just can't imagine a pet rooster living there. I bet the neighbors loved it. :D

9. SAEMike

SAEMike Banned User

May 29, 2004
    I would have to put my money on my eight pound weiner dog. :D

Attached Files:

10. Capmeister

Sep 16, 2003
    My cat is so big, Stephen Hawking has a theory about him.

11. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    Hmm. Gonna have to change my pic to that of my cats.

12. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Ahem!!!

I resemble that remark.:mad:

Except in regards to chickens, my Poi Dogs are dedicated pacifists and I encourage that behavior.

Working as a team:)sure::lol::nono: ) they are capable of handling most felines. They just believe in inter-species tolerance and cooperation too much to flex their obvious superiority and muscle, thereby upsetting the delicate balance of nature.:D

13. Capmeister

Sep 16, 2003
    My cat has backup too: http://www.comicboards.com/dave/all/fivewatching.jpg

;)

14. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    :cool: Well, thanks a freakin' pantload, jonstad! :confused: I wish you had 'splained it like that ten months ago -- might've saved us a lot of confusion and grief! :grin:

15. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    OK, I give up. What the hell IS that creature on the other side of the door? A squirrel? An owl? A goblin?:scratch:

Frankly, I'd be looking curiously too.:new_Eyecr

Whatever it is, my poi boys wouldn't be idly staring, they'd be barking madly and trying to jump through the door!(hey, ya never know 'til ya try, right?)

16. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Nick, Nick, Nick.:nono:

All ya hads to do was ask!:D

17. Capmeister

Sep 16, 2003
    It's a squirrel. Cats don't make noise at possible prey. They are stealthy creatures (except the white one, who is deaf, and wouldn't know how to be stealthy).

There are no mice in my house. My house is the house about which scary stories are told to mouse babies by mice parents. ;)

18. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Resident Rounder DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 14, 2004
    Ha...my parents have a blind cat (lets just say my dad had a quadruple by-pass and he and the cat have the same diet - doesn't make mom happy but the cat loves him). It is the most amazing thing. It can walk around the house without a care.....until someone moves something :D . Very impressive how she knows the layout of the house.

Just for the record, I love animals (wanted to be a vet. when I was younger). I just thought this would be a fun thread.

My vote - sorry jonstad....the cats. It seems that based on volume alone they would win most any match up. :lol: Your dogs do look like they are a fun loving bunch, though.

EDIT There she is. You really can't see her eyes, though. I'll edit the picture later. It's freaky, always dialated!

19. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Booboo, my cat in the picture, is a Maine Coon mix of considerable size (and not overweight at 19 lbs.). He has successfully "trained" many dogs to behave properly and show him appropriate respect. Though he has no claws on his front feet (a really bad decision of mine back then) he still packs a mighty wallop. The smack he gives can be heard a great distance. I think the fact he doesn't run from dogs, he just sits there staring at them, initially surprises them, which becomes their point of failure, giving Booboo the upper hand in smacking the bejesus out of 'em before they can do anything else.

20. HappyGoLucky

HappyGoLucky Banned User

Jan 11, 2004
    Oddly enough, one of my dogs hunts just like a cat. I've never seen a dog act that way. She has caught (and killed) at least 8 squirrels in the past year. I've watched through the window as she spots the squirrel across the yard, she will squat down and slink across the yard just like a cat, very methodical and stealthy, each step carefully placed so as not to raise suspicion. Then when she's within about 10 feet, she pounces. And fast, oh my! She is a blur when she is running full out. When I've watched lions or cheetahs on the animal shows, their hunting reminds me of my Sammi.

Sammi is a beagle/husky mix. She has one blue eye, one brown eye, and one of the most affectionate dogs I've ever known. It pains me greatly that I will soon have to give her up. Just now I get choked up thinking about it, so I try not to think about it.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.