1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who would you pick to replace Scott McClellan as WH Press Secretary?

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Nick, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    If you haven't heard, there's an opening or two down at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. The question is, who would you like to see as the new WH press secretary?

My choice -- Robin Williams!

Just imagine -- Robin Williams -- perhaps the fastest comic mind in recorded history answering all those tough questions from the WH press corps. The daily press briefing would become an absolute hoot! :D

2. missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    Tony Snow

3. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    Will Bailey. He'll be looking for a new job pretty soon.

John

4. ntexasdude

ntexasdude Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2005
    Just about any of the female news anchors from Fox.

5. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    Pat Robertson

6. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    I nominate...
    tomcrown1 :)
    Tom in TX

7. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    :lol:

8. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    Vote two for Tony Snow.

9. pjmrt

pjmrt Hall Of Fame

Jul 17, 2003
    and vote 2 for the female news anchors from fox. Well maybe the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders, but I think they got better offers.

10. jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Will he get back pay? He's been a White House spokesman for years now already!:grin:

Snow might be problematic. He will certainly demand to be more "in the loop" than Scottie-boy. I doubt if he'd stand for being left hanging between contradictory statements and policies as McClellen has often found himself over the last few years.

But my choice is Nick!:D I'd be hanging on every press conference waiting for him to lose his cool and step down to start punching out Helen Thomas!:rotfl:

Just kidding Nick!;)

11. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    I have a second, more appropriate choice. Thanks to her 40 some years of service covering and revered by all Presidents, I nominate Helen Thomas. (She understands the role that the press should play in a free society.)

12. missileman

May 28, 2004
    I think Tony will put Helen in her place.

13. missileman

May 28, 2004
    Helen Thomas is slightly biased.:hurah:

14. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    Really? She's a journalism professional. I'm amazed she would have a bias.

15. JM Anthony

JM Anthony Child of the 60's DBSTalk Gold Club

Nov 16, 2003
    If you can't trust sweet, honest Helen Thomas, who can you trust???

John

16. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Who, me? Punch out a woman? :lol:

It's not gonna happen. I don't believe in striking a woman and I never have, no matter what the provocation, not even in self-defense. I will walk away before I will ever strike a woman in anger. :nono:

Look up the word "cool" in the dictionary and you'll see my picture. :cool:

In real life (yes, I have a real life), I am the very essence of cool. In fact, 'Laid Back' is my middle name. I am so cool that, if it weren't for me, global warming might be something about which to be concerned. I get invited to beer bashes just to keep the brew cold. I am so cool that area television weather-persons ask me to email them before I leave the house. Here on the coast, we had the mildest winter in years, partly because I spent four weeks in (indoor) rehab and I haven't been inclined to get out as much since I came home from rehab. :p

I am cool enough that I have never struck a woman in my entire life. No, I could and would not do that. Never. :nono:

Ever. :nono2:

17. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Thanks Tom i will give bush his full due.

18. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    No, unfortunately, Helen Thomas no longer understands the independent, unbiased role that the press must play in a free society, or she simply doesn't care.

In either case, she should be given an appropriate platform for her opinions or put out to pasture. She no longer has any business attending WH press briefings. She has become disruptive to the process and actually serves as an impediment to the news-gathering responsibilities of the other reporters in the room.

Unfortunately, as a distinguished member of the fourth estate, Ms. Thomas lost her objectivity, some time ago. For a professional news person, advancing age is not a license, nor is it justification for a tenured reporter to inject personal opinions and biases into their reportage.

Perhaps it's time she should become the female version of Andy Rooney.

19. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    No, Ms. Thomas no longer has a place in WH press briefings.

20. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    If you mean that figuratively you are certainly entitled to that opinion. But in a literal sense she still hasa role but with a different employer than before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.