1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whole Home DVR and CC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n4uaj, Nov 26, 2012.

1. n4uaj

n4uaj Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Has anyone else who uses CC or DTV Subtitles noticed that the subtitles show up on the DVR that the program was recorded on but doesn't stream them out to the other receivers? This is an intermittent problem I have seen and at one time it seemed to be mostly PBS but now I have noticed it on other networks and VOD shows I have recorded. I am using the unsupported Whole Home with my own ethernet and router so customer service probably wouldnt even talk to me on this. I am using an HR21 HR24 and an H24 all networked together.

Thanks

Bill

2. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I'm also running in unsupported mode (two HR-21's and one HR-20) and use DirecTV subtitles quite often. I've never had this happen to me.

3. b52pooh

b52pooh Cool Member

Mar 10, 2011
    Southern Oregon
    Just a quick question. Do you have the CC or Directv captioning turned on at the client receiver, in addition to the receiver being used as server?

4. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    I use the DirecTV captioning at both the server and client DVR's.