1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole Home DVR issue-"No Networked DVR showing"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by KhurramA, Aug 6, 2012.

1. KhurramA

KhurramA AllStar

Jun 16, 2009
    So up until yesterday my whole home dvr was working just fine.
    Today I came home and checked and my playlists are not being shared.

I checked both receivers and they are both connected to the home network (hard wired to my router) and both show internet connections active.

I checked the whole home menu and both receivers show it's activated but both are also showing "no networked dvr found".

I've tried resetting both, power cycling the deca, power cycling the router, modem etc and no luck.

Any advice on how to get this working again?

2. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    There are better Whole Home gurus than I , but when I have lost my receivers I too have cycled routers and DVR power off and on but only had success when I went into SETTINGS and did REPEAT NETWORK SETUP

3. inf0z

inf0z Legend

Oct 15, 2011
    What model of receivers do you have?

4. Camborita

Camborita AllStar

Nov 9, 2009
    You might try reauthorizing your receivers on the DirecTV website. That fixed it for me when one of my receivers showed up as not authorized for WHDVR. It may or may not fix your problem, but it's worth a try:

http://www.directv.com/reauthorize

5. TEN89

TEN89 Legend

Jun 27, 2003
    just hit the reset button on both DVR's. thats all i diid.

6. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Unless the DVR is hung (unresponsive, completely), it is highly recommended to do a menu restart, not use the reset button (frequently called an RBR).

It is always best to shut down the box in a controlled fashion, giving time for files to be properly closed. The reset button is for emergencies where the operating system has become unresponsive.

7. loganbay

loganbay Mentor

Oct 15, 2006
    when you say they are both hard wired to the router do you mean via broadband deca or independently wired?

8. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I had to do a hard reboot on 1 of my boxes to get it back working