1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whole Home DVR Issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by direfan, Nov 28, 2012.

1. direfan

direfan AllStar

Jan 21, 2003
    Hi,

I seem to be having an issue with one of my networked DVRs. I have the HR 34 and 2 HR-24. One of the HR 24 has the CCK connected to it as well as the DECA (?). On that particular DVR (HR24), I can see all the programs recorded on the other 2 DVRs. However, when I choose a program that has been recorded on the HR34, I don't have any options to play the program i.e. the left side of the menu is blank. I don't see this happening to the same program when I access it from the other HR-24. I reset my DVR but it did nto seem to help. So for a number of programs that have been recorded on the HR34, I don't have the option to view it on this particular HR24 even though it is on the program list.

I hope I have explained my issue. Can somebody please help me with this. Thanks.

D

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Is your Internet router (or wired connection to same) in the same room as the errant HR24?

An HR24 shouldn't need a CCK unless it's internal DECA modem is bad (or the installer was generously compensated for installing something you didn't need).

Because your HR24 can see the HR34, I'm wondering if it isn't an authentication issue.

3. direfan

direfan AllStar

Jan 21, 2003
    Thanks for your response. I have answered your points below.

4. hp123

hp123 AllStar

Feb 21, 2009
    i have same problems with hd receiver play list gone after update....no reset help.....known issue....direct tv working .......

thanks
    hp

5. direfan

direfan AllStar

Jan 21, 2003
    What update?

Also the playlist is there, but no menu to play a recorded program.

6. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Can you post a photo showing the aberrant screen?

Also, try removing the the CCK.

7. direfan

direfan AllStar

Jan 21, 2003
    Thanks I will post a screenshot later.

Regarding the CCK, it has worked in the past with the CCK and I need the CCK for ondemand stuff.

8. Dec 3, 2012 #8 of 30
    onearweiner

onearweiner New Member

Feb 29, 2012
    I am having the same issue with some recordings on an HR34 from an HR24. I just realized in my case that this only happens with programs that were recorded on one channel.... CBS. I have no CCK. I can play the recording using the "play" button while on the recording list. After watching I can delete with the red button from the recording list.

Attached Files:

9. Dec 3, 2012 #9 of 30
    i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Sounds to me like the tech hooked up the hr24 as if it was an hr22 ....

10. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Could you please expand on this? And tell what the cause and effects are.

11. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Unless I read it wrong he has an hr24 that goes from a wall plate to a cck to a receiver deca to the receiver ..

HR22 doesn't have an internal reciever deca so that's how you hook it up ..but an hr24 has the internal reciever deca

There seems to be confusion on how the cck is hooked up even between dtv techs..

But if you have an hr24 it goes from the wall to the cck to the reciever .. Done

12. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Ah, I think I see now. If he has an additional DECA unit on the '24 (as if it didn't have an internal DECA, i.e., a '22) that might be the problem. Is that what you meant?

13. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Yup .. It's like a broadband deca , hooked to a reciever deca , hooked to another receiver deca, hooked to a receiver

14. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Not sure how this could be daisychained as only the WCCK has an output.

15. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Uh .. No

16. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
  17. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Eh .. I would call it a regular occurrence that I end up at service calls where a technician has opened the decaw install book and hooked a hr24 up like the picture on page 19, where in reality it should be wired like page 16 because the hr24 already has the receiver deca built in .. Since the hr22 has no receiver deca it needs one in line ..

In and out in 3rd pic

Attached Files:

18. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    the third "in & out" is the SWiM signals, but has stripped the DECA off of it, like what the older white DECA does.

This doesn't work:
    [​IMG]

While this does work:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    What your talking about has nothing to do with what I'm talking about ..

An hr 24 already has an internal receiver deca ... If there is a reciever deca plugged into it , it's like having two reciever decas in line .. It's not right , if the installer had a bad hr 24 he should have doa swapped the receiver and hooked it up right .. So it's likely a mistake

The op says he has a cck which is a decaw .. It's wireless it has an in and an out .. From there as the cck book shows two examples.. and someone who doesn't know how to hook it correctly might not notice the difference between the pictures of the hr 22 and the hr24.

In this particular case it should come from the wall to the cck to the reciever no reciever deca in the loop . Done

20. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I seem to have this problem a lot with your posts.

FWIW: connecting a DECA to a 24 doesn't work [for several things] because the 24 won't power it.
    The CCK, has been used [by DirecTV] for both the old BB DECA, and the newer Wireless.

The WCCK, has an internal 2-way splitter, where the black DECA you posted earlier and said had a "pass through", uses a diplexer, thus stripping off the DECA from the coax to the receiver. If it didn't, you'd need a bandstop filter.

You posted:
    It's like a broadband deca , hooked to a reciever deca , hooked to another receiver deca, hooked to a receiver

Sure reads like you're saying [mistakenly] you can daisychain three DECAs in a row. :nono: