1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole home DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tullahomatom, Aug 5, 2010.

1. tullahomatom

tullahomatom Mentor

Sep 7, 2009
    I am having this installed in my home tomorrow, 8/6/10, is this a good system?

2. fiendz666

fiendz666 AllStar

Oct 6, 2006
    It's really nice to be able to access your recorded programs from anywhere in the house. I had it installed the first week it went national and I love it.

Some time has passed since I had it installed. The tech told me it was his first install of Whole Home but he did a really good job and didn't run into any issues. Any problem they had with the installs in the beginning are most likely to have been worked out by now.

I'm confident you will love it too :D

3. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    In your profile, you only list one DVR. I'm guessing you will be adding at least one more DVR or HD receiver, otherwise the whole home setup will not do anything.

:)

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    If they ordered the ICK then it will connect to the internet at least :lol:

I bet you are going to love it!

5. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Icon

May 21, 2008
    I too am considering this and was wondering if I get the internet connection kit part, will it also be able to allow my TV, BluRay and game systems on the various TVs to use it for internet access, or will they continue to need to use my wireless?

6. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    While possible, it is not supported by D* and not advisable by most people (I hope) on the forum.

7. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Icon

May 21, 2008
    Thanks.

8. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003