1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole-home question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jimintn, Dec 12, 2011.

1. jimintn

jimintn New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    I know this question "What do I need for whole-home" has been asked a lot of times, but I am asking it again with my configuration. We just upgraded to HD over the weekend and with the new dish, I think we may be close.
    We have the following:

HR24-200
    R22-200 (two of these)
    R16

We have the SWM dish andthe single line switch. The HR24 is in the same room as the modem/router. I know we need to replace the R16 with a HD receiver. WE aren't too worried about CinemaShare, etc (though it would be nice), but we do want to be able to share the content between the DVR's.

Are we going to have to pay the $200 for installation or can we get the HD receiver and a couple of tie in pieces to get it to work?

Thanks!!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    "First off" you need the white DECA added to a each of the R22s.
    Then you do need a HD receiver added to have DirecTV add the "whole home DVR" service to your account.

3. krazyrs

krazyrs Cool Member

Sep 21, 2011
    if u want to run a CCK, you can get the wired version and run a SWiM 2-way green label splitter behind the HR24 to it and over to the CCK thats jumped into your router