1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whole Home Set Up...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by hollter, Jan 23, 2013.

1. hollter

hollter New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I was wondering if anybody still uses the Ethernet set up for Whole Home as was used in the beta testing? If you are is it still working for you? Also, how should I approach Directv to turn on my Whole Home without using the new processes?

2. old7

old7 Godfather

Dec 1, 2005
    My Whole Home has been all DECA for a while, but my mother is still using Ethernet only for Whole Home with her 3 - HR20-700s and 1 - HR22. It works just fine.

As for how to approach DirecTV to activate your WH, I'm not sure they even activate WH as unsupported any more, however it couldn't hurt to play CSR roulette and ask.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Sometimes an email to DirecTV Support will produce better results with unsupported WHDVR setup than calling. However, it is getting more difficult.

4. goinsleeper

goinsleeper Godfather

May 22, 2012
    They just have to flag your account as MRV enabled, whether you have the supported equipment or not.

5. anleva

anleva Icon

Nov 14, 2007
    I still use an Ethernet set up for Whole Home. Never had a single glitch with it. Anyone know what it would cost me to move to a supported configuration?

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Full price I think is about $150, but it's like a magic 8 ball. What is your current equipment? Do you have SWM already?

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    There's no set answer. Depends on your current equipment and any new equipment you might want to add. Best to call DirecTV and ask.

8. anleva

anleva Icon

Nov 14, 2007
    I do have a SWM-8. And 3 HD-DVRs. Been so long since I've messed with it I can't remember if I have anything else. But I do remember a SWM.