1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole home setup question DCCK

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by msiano, Jan 7, 2012.

1. msiano

msiano New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    I searched and can't find a solid answer here. I am in the process of installing the whole home system. I have an HR21 and an HR24. I installed the SWM and have that working as dual tuners on a single wire.

I installed a Wireless cinema connection kit (DCCK) on the hr21. The only way I could get it to work was to pass the signal through it and use the cat5 connection. Doing that I was able to connect both tuners to the internet.

I have not received my deca yet but sent an email to have the whole home turned on. When I got home it was activated, I checked and I can see both tuners and access the playlists.

Is this going to hurt anything until I get the deca? I will have it Tuesday. It seems like I read that the wireless DCCK was a deca but can't confirm that. I just don't want to hurt something while waiting on the deca.

Would it even work if there was not a deca on the hr21?

Thank for looking

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    It will work until your DECA arrives. Its just that the ethernet port on the HR21 shares CPU cycles from the DVR, so may slow it down a bit if someone us watching a program on the HR24 from the HR21 while you are using the HR21.

3. msiano

msiano New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Thanks for the info!