1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whole home system, receivers won't accept some remote commands,delays

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by HeadHunterSLC, Aug 21, 2013.

1. HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This happens on either reciever, either remote. Remote will work fine,then the only thing I can do is guide and exit. Nothing else will work until about 60 seconds later, the receiver will run every command you I input while it wasn't responding. Again, menu ,guide and exit work at any time,so the remote is communicating, but I cant change a channel or move up and down a guide.

I've restarted both recievers and the router and it still persists. I find it most strange because its my H25 and my HR24-700. Same problem. This is only two weeks old but getting worse.

Any ideas?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Ok can you describe your System in full detail?

Also you could.....

disconnect from the Internet and see if the issue pops up for a while could be something else causing it.

Has anything else in your home network changed recently?

Do you have upnp turned on it off on your router? Try turning it off.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Are any of your DirecTV remotes RF?

4. HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Both are rc64 with RF. Should I switch one to IR for a time?

The system is just the two units, a HR24-700 and an upstairs H25 connected with the DTV router. No genie or anything.

I've disconnected the DTV whole home router when restarting all the machine, then i brought the machines up and then the router. I'll try leaving internet off.

5. HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The only other issue, but I can't seem to relate it was about a month ago my HR24 froze on a restart and I ran diagnostics and ended up doing a long fix (can't remember which one but it took 8 hours) to get the HD working right again. I wouldn't think there is a correlation as my H25 is experiencing the exact problem, so i can't imagine a prior issue with the HD on the HR24 would affect the H25

6. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Sure, I would try RF with the HR24 at least since the H25 needs an external RF antenna

7. peds48

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Hmmmm,

Run the Built in Self-test (BIST) to try and repair your hard drive. To run the hard drive checks, please follow these steps:

* Reboot DVR via red button inside card door.
    * When you see "Running receiver self-check" press select
    * You will see "Entering Diagnostics Mode..."
    * Select Advanced Tests Menu -> Hard Drive utilities -> Short Smart test

You can also run the file test, and the DVR can sometimes repair a bad file report.
    * If the other tests pass, run the surface test. Warning: This process could take several hours to complete. You may want to run it overnight.

The good news is that every attempt is made to save programming. This is less destructive than a reformat all and could provide you with a more stable system if you are having problems that appear to be related to the hard drive.

8. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    And to avoid any confusion to followers of this thread, as well to satisfy any networking purists among us. :)

DIRECTV WH over coax has no "routers," but you're probably referring to the "Cinema Connection Kit" (CCK), which is actually a "bridge" not a router. Of the coax MoCA to ethernet type.

9. HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, figured I was wrong in that description.

10. HeadHunterSLC

HeadHunterSLC New Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I ran the tests. Everything came back except the Memory Test which gave me error 0006 N/A. I'll research that now