1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whole Home Upgrade

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by HDJulie, Sep 6, 2011.

1. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon DBSTalk Club

Aug 10, 2008
    My brother is finally upgrading his last TV to HD & is getting the Whole Home service installed. He's made the appointment & got a nice deal. I want to be sure the upgrade goes well so I'll be there for it. He already has a Slimline dish. However, he has 4 DVR's & 1 Receiver so he will need a SWM16. When these upgrades first started, there seemed to be a lot of people who needed a SWM16 but the installer didn't have one. Has that gotten better now -- are they coming prepared with SWM16's?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Provided that the number of Receivers & DVRs was made clear when your brother placed his WHDVR Upgrade order, then the installer should be all set with a SWM16.

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    ... and the installer will almost certainly have a CCK with them...

4. HDJulie

HDJulie Icon DBSTalk Club

Aug 10, 2008
    My brother asked for the CCK just in case. He did not, however, mention the number of receivers -- after all, it is right there on the account. I'll have him call back tomorrow & ask to have it specifically mention a SWM16.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    When I did my upgrade recently, the work order had the SWiM16 on it and the installer had it on his truck. And I had no discussion with the CSR about number of tuners. I think the system knows.

It is the installers that sometimes don't know/understand.