1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whole Home - View Current Program

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by BennyGregg, Aug 21, 2013.

1. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    I've got two HR-24's connected with whole home.

I saw what (I think) is a new menu choice under Settings, Whole Home, External Device, Current Program (Allow/Block). This choice seems to imply that you can watch a program being viewed on DVR (1) from DVR (2) without having to record the program on DVR (1). How do you set this up and view the Current Program?

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    External Device and Current Program apply to things like the iPad app. It can control the TV remotely and also display what is currently being watched. You can't grab it remotely without having a GenieGO and recording part of it first.

3. BennyGregg

BennyGregg Legend

Jul 17, 2009
    Thanks.