1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whole home viewing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by msiano, Dec 3, 2012.

1. msiano

msiano New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    I currently am using a HR21 and HR24 for mutliroom viewing. I want to add a receiver to the bedroom. If I get something like a H25 will it be able to see the playlist and watch TV from the other receivers.

I think I remember seeing that option, however I can't find where I read it now.

I have a SWIM 8. If the above combo works, will it use the legacy port or come from the splitter?

If that is not possible and I add another HR24 will my SWIM 8 work with it? It will handle up to 8 tuners correct?

Thanks

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Sounds like it will work "IF" you connect it to the splitter, since the legacy ports don't share the networking.

3. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Why do you have a swm8? International ?

But no don't use the lagacy ports .. Yes an h25
    Would work and you would be able to use mrv the 22 will need a reciever deca

4. i3rown

i3rown AllStar

Sep 3, 2011
    Just noticed you already have mrv .. You won't need that reciever deca it's already there