1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whole house dvr question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by scoops, Jul 16, 2010.

1. scoops

scoops Cool Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I am in the processing of getting a new tv so last nite I had to move the other tv from the current location so the new tv can be put there
    so I had to unplug all the cords I unpluged the hd dvr plus reciever from the wall and when I went to bedroom to watch something I dvr earlier the dvr couldnt be found.. so did I do wrong about unplugging from the wall?

2. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    So you have 2 DVRs and they are not seeing each other? Did you plug the first one back in? :) I noticed that unless DECA adapters are screwed on tight they are finicky with power, so if you have DECA adapters, make sure all three green lights are on, it may have gotten a little loose from moving it.

3. scoops

scoops Cool Member

Jul 10, 2010
    I got hdtv dvr plus in living room and just hd rec in bedroom when I plugged the hdtv plus box back up it worked

4. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    The DVR is what records all your shows. In respect to whole home service, the regular hd receiver is just a video player, you have to have the server (the plus DVR) plugged in for it to find any content, or you will only see live TV on it :)

5. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 17, 2010
    I have been dealing with clueless techs this past week. By reading this forum it seems you know what your talking about. I have an H24-700 and an HR24-100 DVR receiver. Right now the HR24-100 is hooked up by ethernet to my router and gets VOD. I do not get multi-room viewing on the H24-700 from recorded programs on the HR24-100. There were no external deca's hooked up. Just coax to recievers and one ethernet cable to router. After 5 days of techs messing with the system I've gone from having VOD and no MR; to having MR and no VOD; to having neither; to having what I have now: VOD on the HD24-100 and no VOD on the H24-700 with no multi-room networking (although multi-room is authorized). I did do a satelite reset on both but have not moved them yet. I want to swap the 2 receivers to their original spots (DVR not wired to ethernet and HD24-700 wired to modem by ethernet cable). Here are my questions: If I switch them, do I have to switch the coaxes too? Is there any other necessary deca's or other switches I need to get this setup working? I was told I only need a deca to the router. If so, where do I use a splitter? Do I connect the ethernet from the receiver to router? Finally can the large power supply be hooked up to either receiver? Sorry for the length, but I am in dire straits. Thank you for your time and consideration.

6. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    Mookhead - please stop posting in other people's threads (multiple times), your question has been answered here:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2533940#post2533940