1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Whooaa! What Just Happened????

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Flyboy917, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    :confused:
    Was watching the HD Tivo tonight. All of a sudden, a message came up saying "searching for satellite signal on both tuners." I went to another box and the signal was fine. Checked another...signal fine. Went and tunned to signal strength on the HD Tivo. The signal strength was varying wildly between 30 and 60 percent...then it went completly dead. 10 seconds later, the signal came up to 94 percent and stayed there. No issues since.

Anyone have any Ideal what happended?
    And, BTW, no significant clouds at the time.

Flyboy
    :confused:

2. ramy

ramy Banned User

May 18, 2004
    I have had the same problem but mine is a problem where the tuner I am not watching will lose signal. Wierd isn't it?

3. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I occaisionally had some issues with this as well but they went away once I installed my 5x8 switch. I think the HR10-250 is a little bit more sensitive to issues with the cable that other receivers don't seem bothered by.

4. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Last night I had problems with on transponder on 110 on both my HR10-250 and Sony HD300, then the problem just went away, no change on my end. Signal was down around 50 and picture wouldn't lock.

5. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    These happended with a 5x16 switch installed...which makes it sound like an issue with the HR10-250 since it didn't affect the other recievers. Also all the lines are quad sheild RG6.
    Anyhow, I haven't seen it happen again.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt Legend

Aug 14, 2003
    Northern...
    Yes I had problems on 110, transponder 10 I think. The signal was down in the 60's when it is usually in the 90's. The 8 and 12 transponders were fine and still in the 90's.

7. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    It happened again yesterday (Aug 13). This time it took down at least two recievers. They came back in about five minutes. (HD Tivo had to be rebooted)

?????
    Flyboy

8. trigs

trigs New Member

Aug 21, 2004
    If it took down two receivers, then it can't be a receiver or the cable connecting it to the multiswitch. You lose all satellites, so it's probably not an LNB or the cable connecting it to the multiswitch. That leaves just the multiswitch. If you have a Phase III dish with the built-in multiswitch, you could try bypassing the 5x16 multiswitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.