1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Why am I getting 775 error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bhigh8, Sep 18, 2013.

1. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    So i have a genie and 3 other HD dvrs. i have a swim 16 and everything was fine and all i wanted to do was change a 4 way splitter from port 2, to an 8 way splitter. i hooked the cables up the same way and capped off the extras. why do i not get any signals on my tvs?

help please.

2. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Did you disconnect / reconnect a PI (Power Injector) on Port 1 . . it passes power. . . other ports don't.

3. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    is that why one of them is red in color and the others are tan/yellow? i changed it around and now it works.

4. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Bingo!

5. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    awesome. thanks. also, could i just run the power right to the middle port on the swim 16 instead of through the splitter?

6. dennisj00

dennisj00 Hall Of Fame

Sep 27, 2007
    Lake Norman, NC
    Certainly. That's the way I have mine in the basement.

Be sure to cap any empty ports with terminators.