1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Why doesn't DirecTV have Fox on Demand?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ajiuO, Oct 17, 2013.

1. ajiuO

ajiuO Legend

Jun 17, 2006
    They have CBS, NBC, ABC... Why not fox?

2. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I have been wondering the same thing. I would guess that the two have not come to the necessary terms in order to offer it..

3. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Its not in their agreement yet.....next time the contract with FOX comes up, it will most likely be on the table

4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    Better yet,why no next day air and HD content for Prime Networks.It usually takes 3-5 days or even a week for a current show to show up on OnDemand.

But I agree we need Fox and FXX ondemand to complete the line up.

5. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Do the networks offer the content that quickly? What's the turnaround for cable on demand offerings for the networks?

6. JohnBoy

JohnBoy New Member

Sep 8, 2011
    BHN in Florida has next day air Prime Time in HD all 4 top stations.

Alot of their customers dont even bother with a dvr as ondemand works like their own personal dvr with the quick content turn around.

I wish we had it like this, due to the fact all my tuners are not available on a given night to record some shows i like,so I then have to rely on OnDemand.

7. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    I wonder if it's true on demand or remote DVR. TWC and Bright House have remote DVR and "start over" features. They record a lot of content and you can access it as if it's on your DVR, making it closer to a Hopper than true "on demand"

8. lacubs

lacubs Godfather

Sep 11, 2010
    why can't all networks should be like Premium network they have their "New Stuff" up by the next morning

9. Nov 2, 2013 #9 of 10
    cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Last I checked, most of the on demand stuff was not in HD, so I rarely use it. Also most networks are preventing transport controls like FF or 30skip. Not really an issue with "cable" networks, but more of an ABC, CBS, NBC thing.

So we keep those networks higher priority because most cable channels rerun their content at midnight so the DVR just records a later showing.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk

10. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Quite right! The crappy presentation is one reason to not rely on catching up via VOD, though I'm sure glad it's there just in case.