1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

why is hd first to go?

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by satguy22, May 25, 2009.

1. satguy22

satguy22 Legend

Oct 1, 2006
    Anyone know why is hd channels the first to go during a rain strom? I can switch to a dt channel and it is working just fine. The dish is set in the mid 90's.

2. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    SD is 12GHZ and HD is 18GHZ. The higher the frequency the more rain can block it.

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    ???? not sure what you are referring to. Similar frequencies are used by DIsh for both SD and HD transponders. The difference being how many channels they squeeze into each transponders.

Actually I do not see what the Original posters is referring to. But it must be remembered that most HD comes from different satellites than most of the sd. 61.5 for many customers including all eastern ARC. 129 for the other customers.

Because I use 61.5 and 110/119 sometime my HD's stay and the SD are lost, and vice versa.

4. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    He's a D* user, where HD is on Ka band, and looks like he didn't notice the post in in the Dish forums.