1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Why is it so difficult? RVU TV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by mmomega, Aug 26, 2013.

1. mmomega

mmomega New Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Mansfield, TX
    So I hope none else has been going through the trouble of adding an RVU TV like I have. 3 days so far 2hrs+ each time, just asking to add an RVU TV Client to my account and I am put on hold for 15min intervals with which they come back asking the make and model of the TV.

I pleaded for them to merely add the RVU TV Client and I will pay the $6/mon then if it does not work I will order a receiver box, will not do it.

My question is basically, how does this company offer this service yet even tier 3 tech support does not understand how simple it is to add to your account.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    It could be there changing there system and making it so only registered devices in their system would be able to be used.. That would actually be a very good thing to be honest, for reasons that aren't so obvious. ;)

But it could also be that they just haven't trained enough people on it. Maybe try the access card department.

3. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    So why don't you want to tell them the make/model of the TV client you want to add?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Don't despair; there's a big variation in training and competence in many CSRs in many industries. Yes, there have been bad experiences, but all over-comeable.

And welcome to DBSTalk!

5. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I called and did this on Saturday for 2 Samsung UN32F5500 TVs. I called the regular number and just kept saying activate until it finally asked if I wanted to to it using the computer or talk to someone. I told it talk to someone and they transferred me to a CSR. I explained to the CSR that I needed to add two additional RVU clients to the account for RVU TVs that I self installed (the rest of the system was installed earlier that day by a tech but I wasn't willing to pay DirecTV $50 for each RVU TV that I could hook up myself for much less).

The CSR had never activated one for a customer self install, so he did have to put me on hold a couple times, and he did ask for the TVs make, model and serial number for the first one. Then however once he figured out how to do it he realized that he didn't really need that information and he was able to add the second TV without it. Overall I was only on the phone for about 30 minutes. Sorry you are having so much trouble, but my only suggestion is to just call in and try again and hopefully you will get someone who knows how to do it, or at least is willing to ask others around them for help.

The CSR did tell me that it was difficult for him to find the information on how to do it. I guess all the information that is easy to find is all about tech installed/activated RVU clients and the process is different.