1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is NBA League Pass only on 72.7 and not on 110 anymore? (Edit: It is on both.)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by comizzou573, Nov 18, 2008.

1. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    Dish Network is starting to get on my nerves now, I used to be able to subscribe to nba league pass and now cant due to it being on a new satellite that cannot reach hawaii, what the hell....they used to be great up too now, whats next move my distant networks to another satellite that is not reachable to hawaii, i am going to be calling them 24hrs until i speak to someone that is higher up then these phone rep...better yet until i speak to guys on the tech forum, i am sure they have to be at office m thru f

2. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    Well I don't have a 72.7 dish and it was there last night. What makes you think it's not on 110? Let me guess, a CSR told you this hogwash?

Very few have 72.7 today so it makes no sense for them to place NBALP on the Eastern Arc. Only ViP receivers with the new smart card can decode 72.7.

Maybe you need to tweak your dish on the 110 transponder(s) it's on.

3. comizzou573

comizzou573 Legend

Aug 6, 2007
    Are you subscribe to NBA LP?

The answer for me I am not, but the channels used to be showing on my satellite during the preview mode in october.

Then i guess when dispute took place between dish and the nbalp on the contract, the channels stopped showing.

So i decided to check today to see if the channels are still showing i changed to unsub channel listing to view the games that are on nba league pass, none of the channels are showing now

the ekb listing and its showing on the 72.7 satellite and then a black background with ***, i am not sure what that means but i am guessing mirror to 110.

Another note is that only channel 561 is showing?

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    If you looked at EKB, they only list them on 72, I just looked my my guide and only 561 is showing. It may be the guide shows when there is a game on it. I do not have 72.

5. aaronbud

aaronbud Legend

Nov 3, 2006
    I believe you will only see 561 if you do not subscribe to league pass. Since the contract dispute is over, so is the free preview. I subscribe to the pass with a Dish 1000 pointed at 110,119, and 129.......

6. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    NBA League Pass is on the usual places as well as Eastern Arc. Except for one channel, it has been hidden unless you have a subscription. The same is true of NHL Center Ice this year.

Depending on where the game is coming from it may be on 119 or 110 as well as the EA 72.7.

HD games are on 129 and 61.5.

The EKB does not track sports channels locations as they move from day to day during the seasons.

7. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    No subscription? Not in guide.
    This year DISH decided to hide the channels to non-subscribers.
    When the preview ended the channels "disappeared" unless you subscribe.

In other words, the channels are still there on 110°.

8. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    560 & 561 still appear in my guide but the rest are gone. These channels now tell me to subscribe for $189. The games only appeared during the extended "free" preview. Same thing is true for NHLCI.

We all got to see what it is like to get one of these subscriptions during the previews.

9. satexplorer

satexplorer Superstar

Feb 6, 2007
    Dock X
    I see ch 561 and rest of the channels hidden. Same thing with NHL Center Ice ch 626. If I order one of them do all the channels appear?

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Yes. Subscribers see the hidden channels when they subscribe to them.