1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why Is The Red Zone Channel Of The Air So Soon??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by saleen351, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oct 7, 2007 #1 of 15
    saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    THERE ARE 3 GAMES ON RIGHT NOW, WHY IS IT OFF THE AIR???? WTF!!!

Not happy about this..

2. Oct 7, 2007 #2 of 15
    JDubbs413

JDubbs413 Icon

Sep 4, 2007
    I was kinda wondering the same thing lol.

3. Oct 7, 2007 #3 of 15
    jhillestad

jhillestad Godfather

Jan 13, 2007
    Ya , i noticed that... with three west coast games I guess they figured they were done...

The least they could do was to pop all three in HD split screen instead of going to bed.

SuperFan for $99 with RedZone cutting out early and dtv pulling an hd game out of the lineup.... WTF is wrong with these guys... ?

The dtv nfl package is supposed to be their pride and joy and they are acting like the spoiled rich kid taking away his expensive ball in the playground.

We did after all PAY for the added features didnt we ?

Its called SuperFan for a reason - we expect more and paid more.... but dtv could care less.... pull the redzone early save some money.....

I hope the NFL see's all this when its time to renew and I hope they will not offer dtv exlusive rights - let them COMPETE with dish and maybe they wont be so cavalier about taking everyone's money.

4. Oct 7, 2007 #4 of 15
    saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I emailed them. I told them I paid for 17 regular nfl weeks, not 16.5... I spent 400 bucks on the NFL on DTV and they yank it early, just lame..

5. Oct 8, 2007 #5 of 15
    Skooz

Skooz Legend

Jul 20, 2007
    The Red Zone channel has packed it in early every year. I don't know why, but it is always long gone by the time the late games are in the third quarter.

6. Oct 8, 2007 #6 of 15
    bigpuma

bigpuma Legend

Feb 15, 2004
    I happened to be watching, Andrew Siciliano said because they were only 3 games on in the afternoon they were siging off. I agree it does seem strange to shut it off.

7. Oct 8, 2007 #7 of 15
    joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Last week they stayed on because there were 5 games.

8. Oct 8, 2007 #8 of 15
    pigskins

pigskins Legend

Sep 7, 2007
    With only 3 games there's a good chance they could all be at commercial break. I would think they could be prepared for this with some highlights of completed games. I too was bummed that they signed off early.

9. Oct 8, 2007 #9 of 15
    saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    Just spoke with them, they had no explanation but agreed it was wrong and gave me 25 bucks.. I love my RZC, and for them to yank it with no warning was total BS!

10. gusmahler

gusmahler Legend

Aug 1, 2006
    They did the same thing in week 1 (with only 3 late games). I agree it is lame. If the announcer dude needs a break (it is pretty long to be there from 1 to 7), bring in someone else for the late games.

The even worse news is that week 6, 9, and 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, and 17 each has only 3 or fewer late games (weeks 11 and 12 actually only has 2 late games!), so they'll be doing it again.

The weird thing about week 11 is that the NFL website says that there are so many non-national games, one will be airing on channel 718, the Red Zone channel. I guess that will change with flex scheduling, though.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules#Week

11. scubajbc

scubajbc Cool Member

Jul 15, 2007
    I have NFLST but not SF. I was flipping around during the second game and noticed the Red Zone channel said it was off for the day.
    Doesn't Red Zone channel only work for FOX games?
    Only 1 of the late games was Fox, the other 2 were CBS; therefore no need for the Red Zone. Just an idea, I could be wrong.

12. gusmahler

gusmahler Legend

Aug 1, 2006
    No. Red Zone switches between all the games: Fox and CBS.

13. jeff125va

jeff125va Godfather

Jun 4, 2007
    I asked this same question the first week, too. It bothered me a bit then but now I know what to expect. Although I was a little annoyed on Sunday when they started showing some highlights from the earlier games. At first I wasn't really thinking about it and just figured all 3 games were in commercials but after about 10 minutes I realized they were still showing highlights and figured out that they weren't going to be going back to the games. I just wish they would have announced that they were going to show some highlights and then sign off. I had already seen all of the early games so I would have switched to one of the live games sooner.

14. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    I'm going to keep calling and complaining, they never told me, they would turn it off half way thru the day..

15. bdowell

bdowell Icon

Mar 4, 2003
    It's pretty stupid that they sign off when there's more than one game remaining. I can see them signing off when it's down to one game left, or because they are bumping into the 7pm (east coast) time frame and NBC is going to be airing Football Night in America or whatever, but for as long as there are multiple games running, RZC should be running and taking us back and forth between those games.

If the games aren't that active, then yeah, show more highlights of earlier in the day, and things like that.

And oh, yeah, when you do end the broadcasts and there happens to be at least one game running how about mapping over the Gamemix channel or something similar so we can easily see what channels still have active games on them. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.