1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Why isn't the Tennis Channel in the Sport Pack?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by sregener, Sep 20, 2013.

1. sregener

sregener Godfather

Apr 17, 2012
    I'm confused and disappointed. There are all these sports specialty channels in the Multi-Sport Pack. But no Tennis Channel. The only way to get it is to get the Everything Pack or AT250. Why? The Tennis Channel cannot possibly be that expensive to add into the package. It is, I'm aware, a very niche channel. So why not include it?

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Usually the package a channel resides in is based on contract with the station.....the Tennis channel is only in certain packages on DIrectv as well, and not part of any sports package.

3. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Yes, best guess the Tennis Channel does not want to be in a separate sports package.

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    It's a long story....

Way back when Charlie, a tennis aficionado, put the Tennis Channel in the first HD package....

5. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    My guess is it's one of those things that people get the 250 package for......if you pull this out of 250 and pull out Versus/NBC Sports Network, etc, why does anyone subscribe to 250!!?