1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Why must I power cycle after every update?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by speedboat, Feb 21, 2013.

1. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009
    Let me guess...there must of been another update pushed out last night.

For the 5th time in 10 weeks, I wake up and my 722 reboots everytime I try to tune an OTA channel until I power cycle the beast, then all returns to normal.

You would think the reboots would fix themselves but no....

You would think holding the power button for 10 seconds would fix it but no...

I need to make this power cord easier to reach or some developer needs to test these updates before pushing them out!

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    What software version does your receiver have? Do you have the 722 or 722k receiver? Please let me know. Thanks.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I did try to answer to similar question here : http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=212984

4. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009

I don't have access at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it was L729.

5. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    I added a power strip which has a switch for each outlet so I can turn the power off to my DVR's but leave the power on to the TV, etc. It was a very good investment for me.