1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why my receiver doesn't get 101 signal?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by marcodtv, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcodtv

marcodtv New Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Hi Guys,
    I am in Toronto, Canada and managed to get DirecTV dish Slimline 5-SWM and a R-16. The installer obviously wasn't a pro, he couldn't set up my system and said he would be back (it's been a week) and still waiting on him to come back, anyways, 101(A) signal is 0%, 110 is at 71% and 119(b) is at 87% SWM 0%
    I will appreciate the help of any experxt, I am a dummie when it comes to Directv :(

2. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Well my question is...what WAS the point of you getting a slimline (HD) dish, when you ONLY have an SD DVR??? And other than some local markets & spanish channels, there really is VERY few other english channels on those 2 birds as well; you probably would have been just as well to have gone with a round (single sat) dish...

3. marcodtv

marcodtv New Member

Apr 4, 2013
    At the moment they don't have any HD receivers available but as soon as they get the order I should be getting mine, when are they going to get the order? I don't know, remember Directv you can only get it under the table in Canada

4. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Sorry but DIRECTV does not offer service in Canada so this one is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.