1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why no CBS VOD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Jon J, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Jon J

Jon J Grouch Extrordinaire

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    I missed couple of programs on CBS last Friday night and hoped to be able to see them via VOD. However, it seems ABC and NBC have VOD channels but not CBS.

Any thoughts on why CBS would not want their shows available on demand?

2. BosFan

BosFan Legend

Sep 28, 2009
    Altoona, WI
    Good question. I know CBS seems to guard their shows more closely then the other networks. I assume some cable providers to do have it. I missed half of a shoe due to a football game throwing times off by 30 minutes (I had forgotten to extend the show recording) and now the only way I can watch the rest is to pay for it on Amazon, even CBS doesn't have it!

3. Jon J

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    Turns out the programs I was interested in were actually pulled and replaced with reruns so that CBS wouldn't burn off first runs against the World Series. But still there's the question why CBS doesn't do VOD.

4. GlennDio

GlennDio Icon

Jan 19, 2007
    Castle...
    they do not send anything to Hulu and have very little full episodes on tv.com or cbs.com ... I assumed they wanted to protect DVD sales more than the others as the few shows where they have full episodes on line are always the brand new ones with out an established audience or shows like the amazing race where if people can watch an episode they missed they may be MORE likely to watch the next episode when broadcast

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I just looked at cbs.com and it looks like they have quite a few full episodes of current series.

6. georule

georule Hall Of Fame

Mar 31, 2010
    It was reported that getting Fox VoD was part of the recent deal there. So apparently these things are bargaining chips, and it may just be a matter of how long it has been since D*'s last deal with CBS was negotiated.

7. Jon J

Apr 22, 2002
    Music City, USA
    That's great if you want to watch on your computer. I would prefer to download from DirecTV and enjoy in HD.

8. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Anyone seeing FOX VOD yet?