1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why no signal on Tuner 1 for 103b?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Mason, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mason

Mason New Member

Jan 23, 2007
    I'm been having the same problems as a few others it seems with the newer hd (mped-4) channels. After searching and reading through a few other posts, I tried the trick of switching to tuner 2 and that usually worked.

Lately though, I have had a lot of pixelation even on tuner 2 and when I went to check my signal strengh, i see that I am geting about a 65 on tuner 2, but nothing on tuner 1.

Is this normal?

2. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Assuming you have 2 lines running to your DVR....perhaps one of your BBC's may be bad.

I would call DirecTV and tell them your problem and get a replacement to see if that resolves the problem. If not, it may be something with the cables, connenctors, or worst case, the tuner itself.

3. mbuser

mbuser Godfather

Jul 6, 2006
    If changing out the BBC doesn't fix the problem, I would try the following:

Request a service call from a lead tech, and ask them to bring a replacement LNB. Ask them to first check the alignment on the dish. Sat 103 is harder to bring in than the others. That's most likely the problem. If not, a bad LNB could be at fault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.