1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Why won't the banner go off in 4 seconds?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pakcyclist, Sep 28, 2012.

1. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    And, yes, I DO have "4 seconds" checked off in the menu! Sometimes it stays on an awfully long time. (Seems to occur most on the music channels.) Out of curiosity, I timed it once and it was 7 - 8 MINUTES before the thing when off! (This really gets annoying when I'm trying to do "double-play" -- the down arrow --, and all I hear is "THUMP-THUMP-THUMP.") So, any way to fix this? Or is this just another of those wonderful bugs?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Go to Menu, Settings , Reset and use the first one in the list.
    This is just like doing a shut down / restart on a PC. Nothing is lost, but it fixes a lot of little annoying things just like this.

3. pakcyclist

pakcyclist Mentor

Aug 13, 2009
    OK, tried that. Didn't help any . . .

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have noticed some times that a setting has to be changed to a different setting and then go back to the one you actually want for it to keep the command.