1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

WHY???

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by B Newt, Oct 10, 2011.

Tags:
  1. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    Why is the Rosie show on the I.D. channel? Isnt the own network enough?

Rosie you just need to go away!

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's on more than ID...it'll be on 5 networks. Apparently, Discovery Communications is trying to save it's partnered network OWN.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/net_soap_oprah_Qxto5onmLlNPBJkO0ZBw7O

3. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    And yet people wonder why their cable/sat bills keep going up.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Any network that Rosie or Oprah show up on I will not watch. Sorry, Discovery, you can't shove that crap down our throats. Rosie is a mean-spirited cow and O is a tired has-been that the country grew tired of 10 years ago. Remember "Oxygen"?

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    All this does is remind me that I don't understand why I am subsidizing even one Discovery-owned channel but still can't get my PBS station in HD.:nono:

6. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    I hope Rosie and the OWN network fade away! They are both a waste of bandwidth!

7. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    I know a mod will be in here sooner or later reminding us all to keep it clean of politics and what not, and I will, but still....

I, along with the rest of you (so far) will try what ever I can to avoid all of these networks for the next couple of months to show them that Rosie on a channel like ID is unacceptable in all forms. The OWN network needs to die and I guess it's doing just that in a slow and painful (painful to us) way.

So lets all avoid these channels whenever possible to show them this is ridiculous.

I have NEVER sat through an Oprah show for more then 2 minutes but I know she got ratings. So if they wanted OWN to make it, put Oprah on it, duh.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    OWN needs to pickup some of those recently cancel Soaps.

9. B Newt

B Newt Icon

Aug 12, 2007
    I hope DTV isnt wasting a HD channel on OWN....

10. webby_s

webby_s Hall Of Fame

Jan 11, 2008
    No they are not.

11. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    It seems that most men hate Oprah but I think that over the years she became a better interviewer and had an interesting show from time to time.

I can't really say anthing good about Rosie, however.

But since I never watch any of the Discovery-owned channels, all this affects me very little.

12. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    They made a mistake. They assume everything on OWN would be watch by Oprah followers. They were wrong. Oprah followers are only interested in following Oprah. They need to market to a larger audience.

13. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Ohhhhhh, the temptation .....

14. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    How long is this Blitz going to be? I'm already tired of seeing Thing 1 and Thing 2 every few minutes.