1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Widespread outage strikes Time Warner Cable

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Widespread outage strikes Time Warner Cable

(usatoday.com) - It appears a major outage has struck customers of Time Warner Cable.

Business Insider first reported news of the outage, which seem to have hit around 3 a.m., based on outage reports submitted to the website downdetector.com....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Areas affected:
    [​IMG]
    DownDetector.com

3. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Update: Time Warner Cable: service 'largely restored'

(cnbc.com) - Confirming multiple reports, the company issued a statement citing "an issue with our Internet backbone" that disrupted cable and web connections across the country. "As of 6 am ET services were largely restored as updates continue to bring all customers back online," the company added....

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Wondering what was going on;

Got TW 12/1 internet, but awoke around 2:30 AM PST and noticed my Smartphone was on the 4G cell data service instead of my normal WiFi connection when I'm at home.

Then found my Ooma VoIP box was blinking red to indicate no service, so assumed it was just Ooma's servers temporarily down as they do on occasion which blocks my internet as well since I selected the hookup option to have the Ooma box positioned before the router.

Service returned near 4:00 AM PST then shortly went back to bed only to awake this morning to read on the LA Times web-site that it was TWC all the time, and not Ooma.

Oh well, should have checked to modem status lights too instead of only observing the offline Ooma box and then assuming I guess ... :)

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I wondered what had happened. Internet disappeared late last night and I gave up on it and went to bed. Without internet it's hard to check and see what the problem with the internet is! :)

1 person likes this.
  6. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Had no idea it went down until I read this. I didn't go online until 6:15am, Pacific.

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Hmmm My area thankfully wasnt affected.... (That I know of anyway)

8. STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 18, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    TWC just proving they are the worst. If the Comcast buyout goes through they will be a bigger the worst.

1 person likes this.
  9. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Why because they had a 3 hour outage? Big deal!

2 people like this.
  10. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    In the middle of the night, too! It must've been horrible!

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  11. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    For an outage where most of their subscribers slept through?

[​IMG]

2 people like this.