1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wierd MRV/Internet issue

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by employee3, Jul 6, 2010.

1. employee3

employee3 Legend

Aug 15, 2006
    I have 4 HR's (2xHR24 and 2xHR20's). I also have a DECA connected to my network. I can get a DHCP address from the network, but none of the boxes will connect to the internet. I have reset all network settings and I've even pulled new IPs to the boxes (so I know that they are communicating through the DECA into a switch).

What I'm getting is "Not connected to the Internet (22). All other computers on the network can browse the web and I don't have any QOS or Access restrictions on the router. Also I have switched out the DECA unit to see if that was causing issues, but no dice.

Any ideas?

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    From another thread today:
    Pull the power to the router for a min or two and let it boot back up.
    Then restore network defaults and "connect now" on a DVR and see what happens.

3. employee3

employee3 Legend

Aug 15, 2006
    Well after playing around, they still all fail the Internet test, but they will download VOD so obviously they are connected. I also played some AVI's from my NAS so the DECA is working.

No idea why the test still fails.