1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Wifi LCD and the 922

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by Calvin386, May 26, 2012.

1. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    I have an out of the way place in my home that I would like to put an LCD.

Can I get one that is wifi ready and go to the Dish website via wifi LCD and watch TV ?

Has anyone done with any success?

Thanks...

2. AZ.

AZ. Legend

Mar 27, 2011
    More like does the TV have a browser? If so who's browser does it support....as of now I know IE9, FF, work....Just because a TV or DVD player have internet conection dosent mean it works like a computer...most do not and use some kind of app. for streaming programing.

3. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    My LG TV has its own browser but no way will it do Dish online. It's possible that the Android app could work if it could be installed. But I would need to hack into the OS to do that.

4. Calvin386

Calvin386 Godfather

May 23, 2007
    That's why I asked. Looks like this is not going to happen.

Thanks

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Why is need to be hacked ? And how to do that ?

6. bnborg

bnborg Icon

Jun 3, 2005
    There is no way that I can see to install an app, other than those provided by LG.

I suppose hacking would involve either a jtag interface or possible serial port access while it is booting. :confused:

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I thought there is well known venue for that, seems it's not develop yet.