1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii sports packs

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by 4HiMarks, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    We are thinking about getting one of those sports packs for our Wii, with the little plastic tennis rackets and golf clubs that the Wiimote snaps into. There are so many, and we are seeing all kinds of negative reviews, including many that say it can fly apart and break your TV! Does anyone have a positive enough experience with one they can recommend that won't be a danger to us or our electronics?

-Chris

2. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    I don't have a Wii...but my mother does, she bought them and never uses them...its a pretty worthless purchase that really doesn't add anything to the 'experience' of playing the Wii...

I'd recommend not getting it...especially since most cost about 20 bucks...Nintendo doesn't need anymore money ;)

3. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    These aren't even made by Nintendo that I can determine. If there are some that are, I'd like to know about it.

4. ncxcstud

ncxcstud Icon

Apr 22, 2007
    Either way, I would recommend not getting it because it's a waste of money for a little plastic toy to go around your Wiimote....it truly doesn't change the way the games are played at all...

5. Italia

Italia Godfather

Dec 8, 2008
    Agree...the tennis game was one of the first games I tried. We bought this for our kids. I thought, this plastic is worthless. However, when it come's to buying additional plastic as an accessory to your remote.....the wheel for Mario Kart is a must. Very realistic and it works well. I don't think I could add up the amount of hours spent playing Mario Kart. This game alone makes the investment for the Wii worth it.

6. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    I have not purchased them either. I have played the tennis and baseball a lot without them. I concur with Italia, Mario Kart Wii needs the wheel, well worth the purchase. My son rarely if ever uses the light sabers for Star Wars (we bought him three). He mainly plays with them outside of the game, since he uses the nunchuck too.