1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will 922 continue to copy media to external drive when off?

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by hevnbnd, Nov 9, 2011.

1. hevnbnd

hevnbnd Cool Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Quick question. Just got a new 922 and am backing up all my recordings to a usb drive. If I hit power off on the remote will it continue copying the data over to the usb drive?

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    did you try ? tell us how it works

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Honestly, the only way to know for sure is to try. I think it is supposed to... but when in standby the receiver could take an update or something while you are away and that definitely would interrupt the transfer (I've had it happen to me).

I think the safer way is to just move small batches of programs when you are watching other things and have the receiver on... that's how I do it, because I have had problems in the past with the transfer failing overnight and then I never know why it failed.

4. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    Also, be aware that you are moving the content not copying.

5. JeffN9

JeffN9 Legend

Apr 14, 2007
    I've turned my 922 off many times while it was still transferring something to one of my EHD's and the process continued just fine.

6. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    The process is a copy immediately followed by the deletion of the program from the internal drive after it is successfully copied to the EHD.

If the process is interrupted it will either revert to status before the "move" or it will complete (possible repeat) the process after the interruption is over.

7. MrC

MrC Legend

Jun 6, 2005
    I just transferred 750g worth in off mode.