1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will A Change in Service Package Affect Grandfathered DNS?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by hidefman, Jun 27, 2010.

1. hidefman

hidefman Legend

Dec 16, 2006
    Not sure if this is right place to ask... haven't seen this question in awhile. Long-time DirecTV sub...Premiere Package since I began with grandfathered DNS. Been thinking for a while about dropping down from Premiere. Will this affect my grandfathered DNS? IF yes, nevermind. If ok, what's the best way?... on-line, CSR???

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Call them.

3. mrfatboy

mrfatboy Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    Does your DNS say "grandfathered" in your online account? I have not changed packages but I was told that I would loose DNS when I upgraded to HD. However, that didn't happend to me. I still have my "grandfathered" DNS :)

It's not the exact answer you want but it leans toward that you should be able to keep it. Wait for more reply's :)

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    The law recently changed. Unless you drop your DNS feeds D* is not able to remove them from your account. You are grandfathered in. It does not matter if you change packages or add locals D* can not drop your DNS feeds. If you want to hear if from them then call and ask for the DNS department.

5. alv

alv Godfather

Aug 13, 2002
    If they dropped them inthe past when programming changed, can you get them back?

6. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Probably depends on how long ago we are talking about. The law has only been affect for less then 1 month I think. It was written to say for those that already have DNS feeds are able to keep then when your LIL service launches.

7. hidefman

hidefman Legend

Dec 16, 2006
    unless you move....

8. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    This is very true. I recently moved and it was funny really. I was able to get DNS waivers approved that I wasnt able to before I moved and then not able to get some approved that I had before I moved. Go figure. It was a pain. Anyone using DNS feeds I dont reccommend moving lol.

9. Sea bass

Sea bass Icon

Jun 9, 2005
    I'm kinda skepticle of the "or add locals" portion...it would be nice, but I kinda have my doubts...I hope I'm wrong!

10. VLaslow

VLaslow Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    You shouldn't lose them. But the "don't ask, don't tell" rule might still exist. I never mention it to them, and they never talk about it to me.

11. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    See I go in the exact opposite direction. I ask so that I am not supprised later on. I want to know what to expect upfront so I can make the decisions. Give me the facts and I will let you know what I want done.