1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will a THR22 work in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by dstager, Aug 27, 2012.

1. dstager

dstager Cool Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I'm pretty sure it's possible to get DirectTV in Hawaii with some kind of larger dish - but I don't know for sure. If it is available there, can a THR22 be installed there and will it work? Do they have local channels over DTV in Hawaii too and/or does it require a special dish?

2. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    Yes to all of those you just need to call in.

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Just make sure that where you're moving to or going to be living, you don't fall under any association (HOA, Condo, etc.) if you want to get the larger 1.2m dish.

4. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    in Alaska there are no size rules that can be in force.

HI does not fall under that.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Hence the reason from my post. Shades said he can get a larger dish, but the OP needs to make sure where he will be living doesn't prohibit the 1.2m dish (which they can since OTARD only covers up to 1m dishes in HI).