1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will DirecTV be "forced" to return controls to PIG

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Herdfan, Feb 16, 2012.

Will DirecTV be "forced" to return controls to the PIG?

1. Yes, they will get so many complaints they will have to return control.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. It is not part of their long-term strategy, so number of complaints won't matter.

30 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    The question is simple. Will DirecTV be "forced" to return trickplay controls to the PIG due to a high volume of complaints?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    High volume of complaints? Seems to assuming a bit much. Also, the question may be simple, but the answers in the poll are not... they're skewed to get Yes results and there's no in between or maybe choice.

I'd vote 'Maybe, but I doubt it.'

3. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    I think it's part of a long term plan and, while people will complain now, they'll adapt to it and move on to complaining about somthing else. :)

4. anopro

anopro Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    Well I been bitching up a storm at them. With that said I voted they will not switch back seems to me they have some grand plan for to play functions of the remote. But that's where they lose me, we already have a full set of navation buttons there for that.

5. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I think most people, meaning people not frequenting this forum, don't care and never knew you could control playback in the PIG.

FWIW, I've never used any of the playback controls in the PIG

6. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I used "High Volume" based on two things. First, the initial poll where 60% of the respondents claimed they used control in PIG. And second, there are several posts by members with 1 or 2 posts commenting on the removal. This tells me that ordinary users are now out seeking answers to why it was removed.

I thought about using a third option, but could not come up with one. Perhaps their could have been 2 Yes answers with different reasons or perhaps I should have left the reasons out of the questions. But in the end there are still only 2 answers: Yes they will or No they won't. The reasons don't really matter.

7. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    It's not just Yes or No...they might add it. (Maybe, Maybe Not)

8. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Mine might have been: are there too many pointless polls. :lol:

9. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    :lol: The 3rd on this issue. :lol:

10. dsw2112

dsw2112 Always Searching

Jun 12, 2009
    Other: Too many polls on this issue...

11. yall2

yall2 Mentor

Dec 5, 2010
    Naw, I would rather they give me some kind of direct link to the "to do" list. I don't really care about trickplay controls in PIG.

12. lugnutathome

lugnutathome Hall Of Fame

Apr 13, 2009
    Woodburn, OR
    Having these gone has not affected me whatsoever. If this frees up valuable system memory for other things I say let it begone.

Don "besides there are better things to watch than a PIG" Bolton

13. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I would vote a simple "No", but did not in your poll because there was not a simple no answer. Regardless of why, I don't think this will change. Personally, I lean very very mildly toward wanting the trick play capability. But the lack of it is so trivial (to me) that it really doesn't matter (to me).

14. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    +1.

15. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    A poll speculating on what D* might or might not do?

I'm not sure what the point of the poll is. I can see "do you want the PIG functionality (trick play) restored" YES/NO.

Speculating on what D* may do strikes me as pointless, as D* does not share with us what their plans are (and when the have very rarely leaked their intentions in the past, they often contradicted themselves and did just the opposite of what the "inside sources" said they were going to do.)

I didn't respond to the poll, because what I think D* might do isn't important to anyone, not even me.:)

(and I'm one of those who wants the trick play functionality restored)

16. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    We can dream, but I doubt it's coming back.

17. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I can't speculate on what may happen, but past history indicates DIRECTV is selective in responding to complaints about feature changes. There was an uproar here about the removal of LIST>YELLOW to get to the To Do List but years later we still don't have it, and in fact it now takes even more keystrokes to get to the To Do List than when the shortcut was first removed.

Then there was negative feedback about the large opaque progress bar background when the HD GUI was introduced, and DIRECTV restored it to the original size within one national release.

We're not privy to DIRECTV's plans, so I can't begin to guess what will happen.

18. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    Nope.

If facebook refuses to revert a change after 10 million complaints, Directv certainly won't after what is likely a handful of actual complaint calls.

19. rainydave

rainydave AllStar

May 28, 2006
    "If" they have a high volume of complaints they might decide to revert to the old feature set.

20. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    wifey is so pissed about this. she multi-tasks alot while watchin' shows & researching new shows & setting up recordings & she loved being able to pause in the pig.....