1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will H23-600 receiver work with the 18 inch round dish?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by auzambo, Nov 14, 2013.

1. auzambo

auzambo New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Birmingham, AL
    Going tailgating this weekend and and I'm wondering if we need a different receiver. The dish is about 5 years old and it has 2 coax cables coming out of it.

My friend got the receiver from his dad, and said that they have a standard definition dish on his dad's house, so I imagine it will work...I just want to be sure before we start setting up.

2. john payne

john payne Mentor

Apr 23, 2009
    you would just need to go into the repeat satellite setup portion of the satellite menu and change it to the correct dish, but it should work

3. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    It should work fine, but sd only.

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Your friend got the receiver from his dad - is it still active on his dad's account? If not, I doubt you'll be able to activate it. If it is, then it should be easy, as noted above just go back through satellite setup and make sure "multiswitch" and 18" round are what you select. You may need to go into setup and display preferences and make sure it is set to display SD dupicates or hide HD channels (but not to hide SD duplicates).

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    When an HD receiver is set with a round dish (in the receiver's settings) it will not load the HD channels on the guide.

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Oh, that's nice. Good to know, thanks.