1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will NASCAR Hotpass be offered in HD next year

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dogs31, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    I was wondering if the NASCAR Hotpass package will be offered in HD next year because I am a HUGE NASCAR fan and I enjoy watching the Nextel Cup races in HD.

I have a Directv HR20 and a H20 along with a Samsung 32 inch widescreen and I will not go back to watch a race in SD ever again.

Thanks in advance.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    It is expected that NASCAR Hotpass will be HD next season.
    (The additional content that NASCAR HotPass ads)

As for EVERY reace being HD... that depends on the broadcast carrier that has the rights to the race.

3. racemanva

racemanva AllStar

Nov 3, 2006
    All 36 NEXTEL Cup races have/will be broadcast in HD this year(FOX,TNT ABC/ESPN). The NEXTEL Challenge All-Star race which was broadcast by SPEED was done in SD. I'm pretty sure every Busch race is also scheduled to be broadcast in HD on ESPN2/ABC.

Yep, D* Hotpass might be worth a look next year if they do it in HD, until then I'll stick to the network HD Broadcast. :)

4. Mavrick

Mavrick Hall Of Fame

Feb 1, 2006
    Actually the NEXTEL Challenge All-Star race was broadcast live on SPEED in SD this year but was being filmed in HD for it was broadcast on HDNet one week later in full HD so it might have been possible for Hotpass to have shown it in HD.

5. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Yes, it will. I just got a phone call 5 minutes ago from Directv informing me since I cancelled Hotpass the first day due to its lack of HD that they are giving me the remainder of the 2007 season free and that I would automatically be signed up for their "best rate" for the HD version of the 2008 season. So there you go...

6. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    I believe the Hotpass announcers confirmed that Hotpass would be in HD about four weeks ago. I was watching the Jr. channel (it started out with Dale Jr. and moved to Truex Jr. when Dale dropped out of the rrace due to engine problems) when they said it was official that HP would be in HD.

7. Aug 6, 2007 #7 of 21
    Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006

Yes, they will be in HD next year and there could be another very cool feature coming as well that should get all racing fans excited.

Stay tuned.

8. Aug 6, 2007 #8 of 21
    Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    Holographic in the car, side by side driving experience?

9. Aug 6, 2007 #9 of 21
    dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    fully functioning wireless driving aparatus, so I can control a car from my couch.... :D

10. Badger

Badger Legend

Jan 30, 2006
    About 2 months ago I got a survey via e-mail from D* regarding Hotpass. Among the questions was " It will cost more to produce Hotpass in HD. Would you be willing to pay $30 additional for Hotpass in HD?"

Looks like they will do it in HD but we will pay $30 more for it. I enjoy Hotpass so I answered I would most likely pay the extra. :)

11. Munkey

Munkey Cool Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Hope it's better than ESPN's "Draftrack". That's the dumbest thing I've seen so far.

12. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Draftrack takes second after the all time king of stupid sports coverage ideas: The Hockey Glow Puck.

13. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    Not draft track. More functional then that and something a fan of every driver can use. :D

14. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006

Do you think I could get that best rate as a new sub to hotpass? And do you know how much it will cost to get it in HD?

15. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006

Draft Track and ESPN both SUCK especially their "In Car Reporter" that is the reason why I switched over to Hotpass so I can watch the actual race without commentators who annoy the drivers while they race. And also to get out from hearing that Aerosmith song. ESPN used to be classy but now they joined the ranks of NBC and TNT.

However, next year Hotpass will be in HD and I can listen to the FOX broadcast since I enjoy hearing "ol" DW and still watch the race through Hotpass.

16. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Free Beer? :D

17. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    bump

18. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Does anybody know if they will feature more drivers next year?

19. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Will everyone keep bumping this thread to keep it alive?

20. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    We probably won't know till next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.