1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Will not play 3D channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by sportflyer, Dec 28, 2011.

1. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Recvr is HR24 -200 so I assume it is 3D capable. Whenever I try to tune to ch 103, the HR24 gives a message that says my TV is not 3d Ready. But it is, its a Panasonic 50ST30 and I can play Bluray 3d as well as 1/2 sbs and 1/2 u/d sbs .

a) What is the 3D format from DirecTV .......1/2 SBS ?

b) Can this be because the HDMI out from the HR24 is routed thru my NR3007 Onkyo Rcvr to the TV and the Onkyo is not 3D ready?

Any suggestions?

Tks

2. h0serdude

h0serdude New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    The answer to your question is B most likely. Have you tried connecting your box to the TV directly?

3. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Correct. The 3007 is not capable of 3D

4. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
  5. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears DBSTalk Club

Mar 18, 2008
    You could as long as it truly supports 3D correctly. It would be cheaper then getting a 3008

6. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    1. Why do you have the Onkyo connected to the TV?
    2. Why don't you have the Blu Ray player connected to the Onkyo?

7. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Won't the 3d Bluray player have the same problem as HR24 when playing 3D content if I connect it to the Onkyo instead of the TV since the Onkyo is not 3D capable?

8. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Yes, it will. Do you have other things connected to the onkyo?

Anything that can go directly to the TV via a different input?

Don't you have a third hdmi input on the side?

9. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Unfortunately no more HDMI inputs , just the 2 .

Other components connected to the Onkyo via HDMI are : Oppo DVD player, WDTV Live media streamer and Toshiba HD DVD player .

Panasonic Bluray player is connected directly to TV via HDMI with Audio Return via Toslink to the Onkyo as indicated in my previous postings.

Currently the HR 24 is connected to the Onkyo via HDMI

The HR24 is also connected directly to the TV via component video and analog audio because my wife can't stand the time it takes for all the handshaking between Onkyo, TV and HR24 before a picture is presented. She wants instantaneous response so for her viewing she uses the TV speakers.

I am even surprised that I use this mode when watching non movie programs ! I only use the full HT theater when I watch movies.

10. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Weird, according to the product description there's a third hdmi on the side.

With all those components and two 3d devices, it looks like a splitter is your only option.

Check monoprice too.

11. sportflyer

sportflyer Mentor

Dec 4, 2011
    Hey , I rechecked. You are correct there is a 3rd HDMI input on the side! :) Wow that would solve all my problems. Thank you for pointing it out to me. !

12. spartanstew

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    You're welcome.