1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will software updates fix the HDMI problem ??

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by michaeltm99, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaeltm99

michaeltm99 Cool Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Hey everyone,

I have been told by Dish Network that my HDMI issue is a software issue and that a software upgrade will fix it. I have called them twice as the last updates they pushed out hasn't rectified either receivers (622 and 211) HDMI failure.

Does anyone know if this is the actual case? Should I keep waiting to get the next update? I purchased my receivers (vs leasing them). They are still under warranty.

Any insght is welcomed. Thank you again. This is a great forum with highly knowledgeable members and I appreciate that.

MTM

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    What is your TV? Was it DOA when you received the 622 or did it work for a while and then die. If it is the latter most likely a hardware failure and you should contact Dish for a replacement.

Do a Search on HDMI in the title here and you will get a ton of threads discussing this issue. There is a known hardware issues where the HDMI port does fail over time.

3. michaeltm99

michaeltm99 Cool Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Thanks for the reply Ron.

The 622 worked for a while, then failed. The 211 is a replacement that didn't work out of the box. It replaced a brand new 211 that worked for a couple hours.

The TV's... the 622 is connected to a Westinghouse (LVM-42-w2) 42" LCD HD Monitor. The 211 is connected to a Sony (KDF-E50A10) 50" LCD Projection HDTV. I bought all of these new in and around May.

4. Rotryrkt

Rotryrkt Legend

Dec 11, 2004
    My first 622 had a dead HDMI port right out of the box. I took it back to the retailer where I bought it and we tried another one they had which was dead also. Dish replaced it no questions asked. The replacement has worked fine for about a month now. So they don't all work for awhile then fail. Some are DOA.

5. clarkbaker

clarkbaker AllStar

Sep 23, 2006
    HDMI failure......

I had the same problem.. HDMI worked for a little while and then went away. A new Receiver worked for me. There is a combination of hardward and software issues with this receiver.

See if you can get it to work on another HD TV. Be sure to see if other 'modes' of HD work... 1080i, 780i / p and even 480i / p... if that doesn't work.. run.. don't walk to get the receiver replaced.

The software issues have mostly been resolved with the flurry of software updates Dish has issued.. so Likely you need a new receiver. The odds are that if the HDMI won't work on another TV your hosed.. and need a new receiver.

Good Luck.

6. michaeltm99

michaeltm99 Cool Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Dish Network now says they aren't replacing the receivers because it is a 'known HDMI problem.' and that the software updates should fix it... OK mine haven't worked for months. I know they don't work. And when it comes May 2007 and my warranty is nearing the end, they better replace them if they still don't work.

Anybody else getting that from Dish Network?

7. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Its only a known software problem if it is a problem with a very small number of TV's that they are still working on.

Otherwise its hardware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.